EY GDS Risk Advisory - Internal Audit Senior Consultant in All, Philippines
Title: GDS Risk Advisory - Internal Audit Senior Consultant
Location: PH-All-Taguig City
Job Number: TAG00044
• Senior in the Risk Advisory team to work on various internal audit projects for our customers across the globe
• You will be responsible for delivering on accounts in accordance with EY quality guidelines & methodologies. You will need to execute and coordinate on accounts and relationships on a day-to-day basis and explore new business opportunities for the firm. Establishing, strengthening and nurturing relationships with clients and internally across service lines and proactively will also be a part of your day-to-day activities. You will assist in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives, and help in creating a positive learning culture by coaching, counselling and developing junior team members.
• In line with EY’s commitment to quality, you’ll confirm that work is of the highest quality as per EY’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by junior members.
• Assist Managers in the delivery of internal audit engagements, such engagements involve performing internal audits, controls testing and SOX services. This involves
o Providing internal assessment and testing of management’s assertion over business processes and controls
o Assisting clients to evaluate the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, evaluate control deficiencies and formulate appropriate action plans across the enterprise in markets regulated by the US Sarbanes-Oxley 404 Act of 2002, and similar SOX regulations in other countries (e.g., J-SOX, C-SOX, etc.).
o Performing an assessment of a client’s financial reporting risks and controls regulated by SOX
• Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues.
• Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables.
• Use extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients
• Supervise the delivery of the engagement against the engagement budget, timeline, and scope
• Perform quality assurance reviews
• Provide coaching and guidance to the assessment team members
• Assist in creating innovative insights for clients, adapt methods & practices to fit operational team needs, contribute to thought leadership documents and develop new methodologies.
• Facilitate discussions / knowledge sharing with key client personnel and contribute to EY thought leadership.
• Plan & deliver on client engagements. Provide regular status updates on engagements and work products.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills
• Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel. Stay abreast of current business and economic developments and new pronouncements/standards relevant to the client's business.
• Demonstrate industry expertise (deep understanding of the industry, emerging trends, issues/challenges, key players & leading practices)
• Review status updates and prepare management presentations/audit committee presentations etc.
• Actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects & internal initiatives.
• Extensive experience working as an Internal Auditor for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within industry. 3 to 5 years of experience in internal audit
• Significant experience in having applied relevant technical knowledge in internal audits and control testing, and SOX
• Strong project management skills
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
• Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
• Strong analytical capabilities
• Certified Public Accountant/Certified Internal Auditor, desirable