Cardinal Health Engr, Data Center Ops in Bonifacio Global City, Philippines
What Data Center Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Data Center Operations is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and escalating critical events on systems and applications across the enterprise. Along with maintaining and monitoring power, cooling, floor space and fire suppression on the data center infrastructure.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer operations functions consistent with large data center environments.
- Provides support on installation, usage and infrastructure issues.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors the execution of batch jobs across multiple business units.
- Develops and supports emergency response policy and procedures.
- Supports the backups of all systems and servers in the data center.
- Develops recommendations and performs evaluations for equipment and infrastructure requirements.
- Analyzes system operating efficiencies and recommends measures to improve performance.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.