Continental Corporation New product Launch Engineer in Calamba, Philippines
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.0 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 73107BR
Job Title New product Launch Engineer
Posting Location Calamba
▪ Develop the Manufacturing Concept based on product architecture and requirements matching them to state of the art
production processes and technologies.
▪ Participate in the quotation team (If assigned during this phase).
▪ Develop operations quotes for industrialization based upon product requirement, lean principles, robust processe
Project Initiation and Planning
Performs the following "Project Management" tasks within the scope of the Operations Discipline:
▪ Defines operations project targets (financial, scheduling and scope) = quality triangle
▪ Selects operations team members in conjunction with the line management
▪ Establishes an adequate project base (meetings and cadence, information/ knowledge exchange, documentation,
▪ Helps build up a supportive culture of cooperation and teamwork within the project
▪ Tailors optional activities according to the projects needs and ensure compliance to the processes.
▪ Develops and maintains the Operations Plan in accordance with the valid processes (phases, deliverables, gates,
etc.) thoughout life of project. Achieving the agreed operations objectives.
▪ Perform Risk Management activities, control and steer the implementation of risk items with line and project
▪ Defines the Manufacturing process fitting the product and oversees the creation of the work packages
Product Development and Delivery
▪ Responsible for completion of activities within operations to meet the specific, cost, timing, and quality requirements
as directed from the Project Manager
▪ Responsible for specific decisions by operations
▪ Responsible to immediately communicate any delay, problem, or risk regarding operations activities to Project
▪ Responsible for documentation of operations activities
▪ Responsible for ensuring operations Launch Team is staffed
▪ Evaluate performance of team members in accordance with line management. Actively manage and optimize the use
of resources on project. Assigning activities to the operations project team members (delegation and direction).
▪ Oversees the implementation of the equipment and processes necessary for the product.
Steer Execution of project
Coordinate and control project activities, track the project progress, define corrective measures if deviating form the
Ensure Capital spends are aligned with approved authorizations and/or budgets
Ensure other costs labor, rampup costs are per approved Project Plan, eCR, and Budget
Eliminate/ Minimize Excess and Obsolete Material associated with the product change / launch
Coordinate the development of manufacturing facilities in conjunction with plant wide & central support organizations.
Drive product DfM reviews, Design Checks and improvements out of these efforts
Ensure compliance to Lean concepts, robust processes
Project Management of line industrialization that meets cycle time, product and process requirements
Facilitate all required NPL builds to completion and resolving open issues
Ensure technical, timing and cost feasability to manufacturing facilities to eventual changes in product or requirements
Representation of operations/ plant in project, customer and supplier meetings.
▪ Representation of operations/ plant in project, customer and supplier meetings.
▪ Representation of projectinterests in operations meetings.
▪ Support Project Change and Problem Control Activity, including problem resolution activities, based on feasibility
considering timing, cost, quality, risk.
▪ Support APQP Activities
Job Requirements With atleast 3 years experience as NPL Engineer in a Manufacturing Industry
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.