Continental Corporation SMD Engineer I in Calamba, Philippines
About Continental With sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 215,000 employees in 55 countries. The Automotive Group with its three divisions Chassis & Safety (sales of approx. €8.4 billion in 2015, roughly 40.000 employees), Powertrain (sales of approx. €7.1 billion in 2015, roughly 35,400 employees) and Interior (sales of approx. €8.2 billion in 2015, roughly 40,500 employees) achieved sales of approximately €23.7 billion in 2015. The Automotive Group is present in more than 170 locations worldwide. As a partner to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry, it develops and produces innovative products and systems for a modern automotive future in which cars provide individual mobility and driving pleasure consistent with driving safety, environmental responsibility, and cost-efficiency.
Auto req ID 65248BR
Job Title SMD Engineer I
Posting Location Calamba
Task Area Main Tasks for line break press ALT+ENTER "Responsibility
(full / shared / support)"
Process Improvements "▪ Introduce process improvements to meet and/or exceed the yield target.
▪ Initiate and implement improvements of processess to reduce cost of rewrok.
▪ Conduct study on processess using analytical tools to improve and control the production line." full
Technical Support "▪ Provide poka yoke solution for escape problem.
▪ Provide full engineering support to production in order to prevent production downtime.
▪ Provide analysis of customer related unit problems in order to prevent reoccurrence of the same problem.
▪ Maintain the capability of the line to produce quality units." full
Quality "▪ Participates in the plantwide quality activities to ensure 100% conformance to Quality systems and goals.
▪ Support the quality group to maintain a high quality products.
▪ Comply on all Quality certification that includes TS16949 and ESD.
▪ Observe all other operating procedure of safety and health standard regulation.
▪ Help in reviewing FMEA and Control Plan as per needed by the team." shared
Documentation and Report "▪ Provides engineering report for evaluations, analysis, projects and DOE.
▪ Lead responses on quality alert and MPRB as required by the team.
▪ Generates Operator Instruction, Visual Diagram and Parameter Matrix.
▪ Responsible in generation of internal documentation request." full
Learning & Growth "▪ Conduct training and technical sharing to increase technical knowledge and performance of production people.
▪ Involve on any plant wide activities that includes CBS, TPM, and CIM.
▪ Involve in any decision making and analysis as pr needed by the team.
▪ Ensure 100% attendance and willing to render overtime (OT) as per needed." full
New Products "▪ Ensures program of new devices / model during Production Trial Run buillds.
▪ Provides documents needed for the project to run.
▪ Involves in the process and setup of line for new products." shared
Operation Excellence "▪ Monitor performance of production machines including related tooling, jigs, and fixtures to achieve product quality,
ensure continuous product flow, and satisfy operational standards.
▪ Provide support to production to maintain continous process flow thus reducing downtime.
▪ Perform other duties required by the Superior from time to time." shared
Job Requirements Engineering graduate
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.