Microsoft Corporation Partner Sales Executive in Makati City, Philippines
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
This role is key to Microsoft’s Consumer Device Sales (CDS) Distribution and Channel strategy to market and sell a winning portfolio of Windows devices, Microsoft products and services, and primary goal of this role is to accelerate sales of devices with preinstalled Windows and attached Microsoft services.
The Partner Sales Executive – Distribution (PSE-D) role provides sales leadership working with Authorized Microsoft Distributors and Channel Distributors, 3rd party IT vendors and Channel Resellers to ensure assortment of curated devices aligned with Windows objectives, software and services, thru partner marketing, migration to Digital Distribution and operational support expertise to drive Microsoft’s Mobile-first and Cloud first strategy.
This role provides strategic leadership across business segments, working in close cooperation with Microsoft’s Business Groups, Multinational and Local device partners to market and Distributors to market and sell assortment of Windows devices through Commercial and Consumer sales engines.
This role is ‘trusted advisor’ to build portfolio and drive preference of Microsoft products, Windows devices, Internet of Things devices and New category devices and services to OEM Distributors and their sales channels.
PSE- distribution drives business performance measured by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) revenue, scorecard metrics, and channel health indicators.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
Partner Relationship management:
• Get deep business insights about Distributor’s strategy and business imperatives for devices, software and services: total addressable market, product. and services portfolio, profitability of selling devices + services. Gain insights about Distributor’s relationship with Multi-National Accounts (MNA), Local device partners and other 3rd party device partners.
• Interact with and forge strong relationships with all levels of the Distributor organization to drive MNA, Local and other 3rd party Windows device assortment and sell-through while increasing attach of Microsoft software and services. Lead account planning and execution accordingly.
• Establish a rhythm of business to stay engaged and informed about your partner's strategy, business priorities, investments and execution.
• Act as an advocate for Distributor interests, goals and objectives in their engagements with Microsoft.
• Develop business growth plans that align partner's business objectives and initiatives with Microsoft/OEM FY18 priorities and market opportunities. Develop joint marketing plans for each Distributor to align strategies laid out in the account plan e.g. individual campaign tactics, internal sales incentives, expected ROI, etc.
• Generate compelling opportunities for Distributors with focus on the value Microsoft products and Windows Devices can bring to the Distributors and their sales channels.
Responding to Competitive Opportunities:
• Understand the competitive landscape and lead the discussion on competitive challenges. Address and respond to competitive opportunities by working with Distributors to develop strategies and execution plans. Promote assortment and sell-through of Windows-based devices through Distributors to compete against other platforms. Guide Distributors to the Digital Distribution business model.
Distributor Sales Channel Execution:
• Identify, develop and execute strategies to increase share of Microsoft devices sold through Distribution. Align with local and regional MNA, Local Device Partners (LDP), Original Design Manufacturers (ODM) and Education resources to develop and execute joint plans to increase market and sell-through of Windows devices and maximize attach of Windows, Office and Server.
• Understand Distributor devices inventory mix and work with Distributors to influence the attach of Microsoft software and services to MNA, Local or ODM devices hardware. Educate Distributor teams and their reselling partners on the value of Windows devices. Identify Digital Distribution opportunities and execute strategies to increase Electronic Software Delivery (ESD) thru the channel.
Who We Are Looking For
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• University degree required, MBA preferred
• 8+ years of experience in establishing and managing business partnerships between Distributors, industry vendors and Resellers. Experience in channel management, sales and business development in the technology industry. Previous experience in devices sales and services with knowledge in marketing strategy is desired.
• Strong understanding of IT distribution and reseller channel business model incl. economics and profitability of Devices + Services
• Strong industry knowledge, including: devices (PCs, Tablets, Servers, Internet of Things, new categories), Cloud solution and competitive environment
• Excellent grasp of business fundamentals, channel development, business planning and excellence in execution
• Executive maturity to develop strong relationship across all levels at Partner and Microsoft
• Strong cross group collaboration stills.
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!