Fairmont Chef De Cuisine - Mireio in Makati, Philippines
*Chef De Cuisine: *As a Chef de Cuisine, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food and Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants and lounges feel unique and valued.
Property Overview: This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in the supervision of all colleagues engaged in the kitchen.
- Attend daily meetings with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef and all other Senior Chefs regarding updates for the day and review the list of things to do for maximum 2 days thereafter.
- Holds meeting with the colleagues in each particular kitchen to discuss what has been carried out in the Chef’s meeting and some other issues.
- Plan menus and compile recipes for food tasting to be approved by Executive Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef.
- To monitor and check on a daily basis the all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health and Safety regulations as discussed. Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations
- Check on a daily basis the food preparation, individual costs, quality, quantity, inventories and portion control.
- Check on a daily basis the dry store, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in his/her section.
- Oversee the selection, training and development of all Culinary colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and a focus on career growth and development
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Raffles and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests
- Ensure all kitchens are compliant with Raffles and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Food & Beverage service standards and controls
- Responsible in helping to attain food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventories and food controls for the entire division. Will work with food stores to ensure proper delivery(and quality) of all food items
- Work with Sous chefs to ensure that the weekly productivity forecast is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence, seasonal offerings and all service standards
- Work together with the F&B; Manager on all areas pertaining to menus and food service
- Develop menus for all food operations. Ensure all menu items are costed accurately
- Play an active role in the F&B; operation committee meetings
- Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for Colleague engagement and Guest satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen
- Ensure heart of house is clean and well maintained-maintain effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens
- Control the section for which responsible
- Ensure smooth running of the section and see that all areas of section maintain the Raffles and Fairmont Standards.
- Optimize the use of materials, manpower, thereby maximizing revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Execute training of kitchen colleagues.
JOB LEVEL/ CATEGORY
- Diploma/Degree in Culinary Arts or related discipline an asset
- At least 5 years in the kitchen
- Completed kitchen apprentice or chefs training courses for at least one year.
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of the principles and practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality profession
- Sound knowledge about all kinds of cooking techniques and methods
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to the following):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift
- Frequent lifting and occasionally required to lift up to 50lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, standing
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Presentable, well groomed with leadership quality.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure and independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to develop strong work relationships with both Guests and Colleagues alike
Primary Location: Philippines-Makati-Raffles Makati & Fairmont Makati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: 25.Oct.2017, 10:59:00 PM
Req ID: VBB00735