Fairmont Duty Manager in Makati, Philippines
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Duty Manager is responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of guest service and ensuring that standards are maintained during the shift. The Duty Manager will be responsible for the entire hotel and act on behalf of the General Manager during the shift.
This magnificent complex boasts a 30-storey new construction and two luxury International Hotel brands at one desired address! Raffles Makati and Fairmont Makati consists of 32 Raffles Suites located atop 280 Fairmont Hotel rooms, 237 Raffles Residences and is situated in what is considered the finest location in Manila - downtown Makati. The complex, is located directly across from the Greenbelt Shopping Center and in a neighborhood famous for nightlife, dining options and world-class shopping.
Summary of Responsibilities:Reporting to the Front Office Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure guest satisfaction at all times in all areas of the operation.
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our Mission Statement and philosophy of colleague empowerment
- Responsible for ensuring consistency in exceeding guest service expectations (Fairmont Hotels & Resorts programs as a measurement tool)
- Provides passionate direction towards achieving our vision
- Strong and effective coordination of all the activities involving all departments in the operation.
- Provides clear and useful information through shift briefings.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are being adhered to by all colleagues.
- Takes appropriate decisions to tract emergencies, be they as a result of power outage, supplies that are delayed or not made, sudden breakdown of working equipment, fire and earthquake emergencies, etc.
- Trains and police all colleagues in keeping the standards of the hotel
- Conducts colleague performance evaluations on a timely basis, including corrective action and coaching
- Uphold staff appearance and grooming procedures.
- Develops, implements and/or maintains new policies and procedures
- Develops, implements and/or maintains new incentives to motivate colleagues and maximize hotel revenue
- Pursues the maximization of the day's business during the shift, giving attention to the occupancy rate and sales in all outlets.
- Attends to hotel security service requirement during the shift.
- Adheres to and promotes the Company’s Health & Safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and knowledgeable all safety & emergency procedures
- Authorizes certain activities/actions during his shift like urgent purchases and payments, entrance into the stores, locked offices and other areas which otherwise should remain inaccessible during PM shifts.
- Authorizes all unusual but necessary interaction, be they, intra-departmental, inter-departmental, inter-staff, staff-guest, guest-guest and should be equipped to facilitate positive outcomes in all cases.
- Authorizes all vehicular and equipment movements both inside and outside the hotel, as well as being the management representative in all interaction inside, the hotel and with the outside world during the shift.
- Writes a comprehensive report on all happenings in the hotel and his findings during the shift.
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Minimum 2 years' previous management experience
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Knowledge in other foreign language is an asset
- Educational and work certificates required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and..r relevant computer applications required
- Excellent leadership and Inter-personal skills
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the Philippines. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Work visas.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
At Raffles and Fairmont Makati we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. Your contribution is important to the success of our Company and we are committed to providing an environment that will foster and reward your efforts. Our teams around the globe endeavour to provide a safe, attractive and dynamic working environment, which will encourage you to take initiative and demonstrate your best abilities. Together we design career plans and unveil new professional perspectives through our various development programs, and with your contribution you will help make your ambitions real. An exciting future awaits!
Primary Location: Philippines-Makati-Fairmont Makati
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Management / Supervisory
Shift: Rotating / Shift Work
Closing Date: Ongoing
Req ID: MNL00218