Teradata Data Integration/ETL (DI/ETL) Consultant in Manila, Philippines
Data Integration/ETL (DI/ETL) Consultant
Data Integration/ETL (DI/ETL) Consultant role is responsible for the development, testing and implementation of data warehouse solutions for company-wide applications based on the Teradata Solutions Methodology. The DI/ETL Consultant specializes in the analysis development and testing of the DI/ETL environment, processes, programs, and scripts to acquire data from source systems and load the data to the tables in the database. This individual must have the skills necessary to develop and test DI/ETL processes for extracting data from legacy and production databases, develop and test DI/ETL processes for loading initial and cyclical data in a data warehouse, develop scripts f or historical data retention, create and maintain technical documentation of the solution, and interact and work within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in developing data integration extract transform and load jobs/application.
- At least 4 years of experience working with Relational Database Management Systems (e.g. Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Sybase IQ, DB2, Teradata, MySQL).
- Strong experience and skills in structured query language (SQL).
- Has working knowledge/experience on Teradata Physical Design and Implementation, Teradata Utilities and Performance Optimization
- Have work experience on creating UNIX Shell Scripts and Stored Procedure and Macros.
- Must have a good understanding of Database Designs and Data Models
- Knowledge of any DI/ETL Tools such as Teradata TPT, Informatica, DataStage, Oracle Data Integrator, Ab-Initio, BusinessObjects Data Integrator (SAP DI), Microsoft SSIS, SAS Data Integrator, Pervasive, Talend, Genio or similar is an advantage.
- Preferably with experience in Data Warehouse/Data Mart development.
- Experience in analyzing and understanding customer requirements.
- Experience in handling small teams is an advantage.
- Proactive and focused on results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
- Good communication skills ( English: Written and Verbal )
- Team player, flexible, hardworking, self-motivated, initiative.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment .
Primary Location: Asia Pacific/Japan-Philippines-Manila
Organization: Global Delivery Center (GDC)
Req ID: 173229