IHG Market Analyst in Manila, Philippines
This role is responsible for the analysis Hotel Business in the targeted area whilst support driving efficiencies for the team Implement and maintain necessary reporting processes including Competition Check, new projects, new developments, Account Planners and Account Management Grid
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
Manage and execute extraction of account production data by sales person. Design, build, and run data queries for Sales utilizing Business Objects utilities.
Review sales production data for accuracy and trending. Troubleshoot any errors in reporting, tracking issues, initiate and determine source for correcting errors.
Together with the leadership team, produce and distribute the (Monthly, quarterly, annually). Ensure the report is produced in an accurate and timely manner, and review all information for accuracy prior to distribution.
Manage process regarding ongoing projects to ensure the delivery against monthly production goals.
Work with hotels to identify loss and mistracked business then formulating opportunities to close business
Develop and implement automated monthly reporting tools for Leadership team.
Work with Director on upcoming project needs including analysis and trending of specific market segments.
Provide additional data for reports as needed or requested.
Act as primary liaison for Sales team to I.T. – ensuring data integrity and system interface of sales-related programs and reporting tools.
Review general trending data by market segment and provide an overall interpretation of production by market, brand, region and sales person as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
Achieve revenue targets
· Actively book and convert business following hotel standards.
· Grows existing business and establishes and pursues leads which will develop business
· Monitors existing business and inputs into sales strategy meetings to maximize business.
· Services existing business through management of account bases
· Establish hotel’s short, mid and long term strategy in conjunction with DOS, Revenue team, Hotel Managers and other stakeholders involved based on the market intelligence gained through the sales team and IHG tools and external intelligence reports (STR, HIS, etc.)
· Provide input, advice and contribute towards the annual budgeting process and the set up of rate structure across all market segments.
· Develop solid understanding of numbers to evaluate revenue performance, understand profit contribution to GOP and monitor sales department’s impact on hotel profitability
· Suggest and launch tactical promotions if required due to market situation with key focus on social and non residential events business (Weddings, National Days, Birthday & Graduation parties)
· Establish solid understanding of numbers to evaluate revenue performance, understand profit contribution to GOP and monitor sales department’s impact on hotel profitability
· Develop new methods and ideas of revenue generation and consider innovative opportunities of product distribution through: online systems, websites, networks, partnerships and co-operation etc.
· Constantly evaluate business potential and opportunities in new geographical markets and across new market segments
o Recommend adjustment of hotel’s business mix based on market situation and business environment
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
Demonstrated technical aptitude with various computer systems and data applications.
Operational knowledge and strength with MS Office (Excel and Access).
Demonstrated understanding of the Business Analysis process, and ability to adapt technical information to meet business requirements.
Demonstrated clear, concise and succinct communication skills, including adapting both verbal and written communication to the needs and level of user.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to perform concurrent tasks that require technical and functional competence.
The following would also be an advantage:
A strong understanding of standard hotel industry metrics (Room Nights, Revenue, ADR, RevPAR, RGI)
An understanding of the financial aspects of the hotel industry (e.g. revenue management principles)
Past experience of working in a multi-cultural office environment
Requisition ID: 02082017MAM