KONE, Inc Project Manager in Manila, Philippines
Job ID: 28208
Job Posting Category: Project Management
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 12-08-2016
KONE Philippines is part of KONE, one of the global leaders in the elevator and escalator industry. KONE has been ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world. Every day, millions of people globally are using our elevators and escalators in an increasingly urbanizing environment. We want to offer the best People Flow™ experience to those using our equipment in residential and office buildings, hotels, public transportation sites, hospitals, shopping malls and many special buildings.
We are looking for
Project Manager manages the interface with all key stakeholders during the project. He/she plans, directs and coordinates the activities of designated projects to ensure that project objectives are accomplished within the agreed schedule and budget, using approved KONE methodologies and tools.Please add all relevant information.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following :
• Accountable for completing the project safely, on time and within budget
• Accountable for stakeholder satisfaction and managing their expectations
• Accountable for effective collaboration and communication with and between stakeholders
• Accountable for project cost control
• Manages projects from beginning (K0) to project closure (K6)
• Accountable for variation and scope management and claims
• Responsible for project “hand over”:
• Accountable for creating the project plan and executing the project
• Responsible for full chain scheduling in KONE (sharing the plan)
• Responsible for getting stakeholder approvals where required
• Takes care (with his/her team) of the administrative activities of the project including project reports.
• Controls the material and inventory and takes care of the claim analysis
• Performs subcontractor qualification, evaluation and selection
• Negotiates sub-contractor scope, terms and rates, instigates purchase orders and certifies bills Project Management Specific to MPB
• Responsible for the project safety plan, quality plan, labour plan and logistics plan.
• Responsible for site methodology and execution.
• Responsible for the project’s financial result.
• Triggers invoice and collection process on time.
• Responsible for Project Start Up meeting.
• Responsible for monthly project reviews, project audits, handovers and final closure.
• To use KONE project management communication tools. Leadership / People management
• Plans manpower for the project (headcount and the right competence level)
• Secures and retains appropriate talent for project execution
• Identifying and facilitating project related change management activities
• Leads the multifunctional project team and manages performance
• Communicates project goals, gives feedback on the performance and coaches.
• Creates and maintains safety and security awareness amongst employees and sub-contractors. Ensures company's safety and security policies.
Skills, Education and Experience
The Project Manager should have the following skills and experience
University degree in Engineering
3-5 years of Project Management experience
General Project Management methodology and tool knowledge
Certified PMI project manager or agreed equivalent
Competences: Collaboration, Attention to procedures and guidelines, Customer Focus, Information Seeking, Persuasiveness, Drive and persistence, Organising and prioritizing.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.