Google Quality Specialist, Google Technical Services, Ads Scaled Services in Manila, Philippines
The Google Technical Services Strategy and Operations team is responsible for developing and operationalizing the strategy of Google Technical Services. The team provides critical insights using analytics, ensures cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and initiatives. We focus on aligning business priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve ideas into future-growth initiatives. We enable the success of our operational teams by driving strategy, leading business planning, crafting communications, and developing data insights to drive business decisions.
The Google Technical Services Ads Scaled Services (known as S2) provides scaled expertise across all Google ads products for customers and partners. Outsourcing and automation are core to achieving scale for multiple workflows that the team handles. These are backed by robust quality systems and data insights to drive strong business results. Being a global team, both internal and external stakeholder management and cross team collaboration are crucial to the team’s success.
The organization is looking to hire a talented Quality Specialist to work in its Quality management team.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Own the quality metrics end-to-end and ensure that appropriate steps are taken (along with Operations leads) to ensure targets are met on a weekly basis. Oversee quality across all of the Performance support workflows and all channels - internal/customer first email, Google Hangouts and future offerings such as chat and phone.
- Work closely with the Global Support Quality team to align on all quality processes, ensure that vendors are following those processes and hold Global Support accountable for completing Performance quality calibrations in a timely manner.
- Calibrate a subset of Performance cases yourself, review calibration data and perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on Dissatisfaction (DSAT)/feedback form escalations to identify micro and macro-level issues at the Managed Service Providers (MSP), team and agent level and provide specific and timely feedback to our MSPs, partnering with them to address any issues.
- Develop frameworks to measure the performance of individual quality reviewers and quality reviewer team-wide performance - hold weekly meetings with all quality reviewers to keep everyone in the loop on quality updates, brainstorm how to address team-wide issues and address performance issues with MSP management.
- Identify quality best practices that can be spread across Performance and Platforms and partner closely with teammates on the Platforms side to roll those out across the board. Plug into team or S2-wide process improvement projects that touch quality and work closely with the S2 quality team to roll out org-wide initiatives to improve quality.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in a role managing quality programs in a multi-national company.
- Project management experience.
- Experience managing projects with geographically dispersed, cross-functional stakeholders.
- Six Sigma certification (or other relevant operations coursework).
- Strong ability to influence various stakeholders and manage conflicts effectively.
- Proven written skills, like writing Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and verbal communication skills, specially in terms of feedback delivery and coaching.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.