Google Vendor Strategy Manager, Google Technical Services in Manila, Philippines
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
Google Technical Services is Google’s support and technical services team, supporting multiple products users. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the vendor strategy and performance across the Google Technical Services organization, partnering closely with the Ads, Consumers, Global Customer Experience, Partners and Publishers teams to ensure we’re outsourcing the right activities, to the right vendors, in the right locations, and running an efficient, cost effective, risk-free vendor organization.
In this role, you will focus on partnerships with regional vendor management teams and identifying and driving business process improvements.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Drive Google Technical Services vendor strategy. Develop, share and implement business improvements via global and regional vendor service delivery programs.
- Ensure vendors possess the necessary infrastructure, systems, tools and data to be able to run their businesses successfully.
- Build an understanding of local/regional vendor operations and partner with their leadership teams to drive cross-functional initiatives to improve vendor engagements.
- Drive alignment in contracting, vendor planning and strategy, and performance management.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in vendor management/service delivery, managing operations across multiple suppliers and geographies in the technology space.
- Experience in devising and implementing strategies and business improvements.
- 7 years of experience in the outsourcing industry. Experience in direct vendor management, setting and driving vendor strategy, process improvement, contracting and commercial negotiations.
- Ability to problem solve, find solutions, make things happen and to manage projects across multiple stakeholders and geographies. Ability to collaborate and to develop partnerships effectively.
- Demonstrated self starter, with a customer focus and the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer support verticals.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.