W. R. Grace General Accounting Manager in Muntinlupa, Philippines
Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customer partners around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the general ledger and accounting staff including, training, assigning and directing the work flow of the staff. In addition, the Accounting Manager will ensure that transactions are accurately and timely processed. This position interacts on a regular basis with the global finance organization as well as other functions and external auditors.
- Lead and manage day-to-day accounting functions such as closing of books, ensuring that accounting entries are in compliance with established standards and appropriate communication and resolution of issues.
- Drive efficiencies, automation and accuracy in the function. This includes identification and implementation of beneficial process improvements, standardization and setting up global and standard accounting processes.
- Assist in establishing goals for the department and staff that are aligned with the organization’s objective and the career development path of the employees.
- Provide ongoing performance and development assessments of staff by regular one on one and reviews. This includes coaching and training the team into a competent and able leader.
- Maintain strong internal controls by ensuring that the processes are in compliance with appropriate standards. This includes putting various checkpoints on the working templates, review of journal entries and ensuring that the team would pass all the company’s internal and external audits.
- Interact with internal/external auditors and provide support for their requests.
- Provide support and advice to accounting team, management and department leaders.
- Manage successful transfer/migration of tasks. This includes planning the transition, delivery and post-migration review with the stakeholders to ensure that all are in line with the management expectations.
- Develop an effective and regular engagement process with the internal customers and stakeholders. Ensure that there is a regular review with customers to discuss month end closing activities, highlighting and resolving issues, and working together to develop a high performing team. Required Skills
- Demonstrated superior management accounting, analytical abilities and strong stakeholders engagement;
- Proven track record with increasing levels of responsibility and impact;
- Excellent organizational, communications and time management skills;
- Solid business acumen, ability to quickly learn and interact across functions;
- Experience with SAP desired;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Project Management Skill;
- Bachelors Degree, CPA required/ MBA preferred;
- Amenable to different work schedules Required Experience
- 5-10 years of progressive finance and accounting experience in shared services, corporate or public accounting experience;
- Leadership experience in Shared Services/Business Process Outsourcing industry, preferably with multinationals
- Experience with US GAAP;
Tracking Code: 3175-266
Job Location: Muntinlupa, , Philippines
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular