Hilton Assistant Chief Engineer in Pasay City, Philippines
An Assistant Chief Engineer assists and acts in the absence of the Chief Engineer to oversee the functionality and safety of the facility, including the physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical system/s, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds in accordance with local laws and regulations. Directs general construction and the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical, mechanical and architectural systems throughout the facility to ensure operational efficiency and safety. Assigns, verifies and documents the completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system. Communicates with city officials to ensure the proper maintenance of permits and licenses, to coordinate required inspections and to ensure full compliance with codes, regulations and safety standards to protect the well-being of all guests and team members. Assists in the execution of capital projects and property rehabilitations. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates Team Members.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Chief Engineer, you are responsible to assist in the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation. You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards. Specifically, an Assistant Chief Engineer will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in leading the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property
- Communicate with Government agencies to ensure full compliance with statutory regulations
- Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
- Manage all Team Member related activities, including recruitment, performance management, training, career planning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
Requisition ID: HOT04GSE