DXC Technology Application Management Service Delivery Consultant in Taguig, Philippines
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Undertakes the service management activities and minor enhancement involved in the ongoing delivery of Application Management. Provides application lifecycle technical expertise for the support, monitoring, troubleshooting, change and enhancement of packaged (e.g. SAP, Oracle) or custom applications (e.g. Java, .NET and Mainframe) in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and established technical standards such as CMMI-SCC and ISO. Provides technical input, and delivery model solutions/recommendations to Application Management Services deal pursuit. Engages in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Undertakes the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards, such as ISO, and best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Manages the technical/service relationships: between the company and the customer, between the company and subcontractors/vendors, or among various company internal organizations. Works with the key customers, and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (e.g., Account Executive and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. The company's Application Management employees are supported by Service Desk function when they work directly with application end-users on application incidents. Provides input to and/or manages service improvement programs regarding customer satisfaction and service delivery.
Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues. Works on problems/projects of moderately complex scope. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
• Technical Knowledge: Apply technical knowledge (e.g. SAP, Java, .NET) to solve application issues with moderate risk/complexity. With minimal supervision, integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and for customers.
• Incident Management: Resolve most technical incidents independently within technical area. Work with team members to resolve more complex or cross-technology incidents. Documents known errors and work arounds.
• Escalation Management: identify potential escalations and alert management proactively. Manage basic escalations with customer.
• Problem Management: Begin to proactively provide solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility. Analysis of data and trends to define changes to increase application reliability, reduce maintenance costs, etc.
• Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of moderate complexity and risk to meet customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
Understand and escalate scope changes per change control process.
• Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
• Solution Design: Apply company solutions to meet moderately complex customer needs within area(s) of technical responsibility.
• Quality: Provide continual improvement recommendations/direction setting and advice within work team.
• Project Management: Participate in customer and internal projects, including transformation. Contribute to projects from own responsibility area.
• Customer Relationship Management: Balance internal needs against customer requirements and/or internal businesses/end user's needs within defined parameters.
• Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi functional. Seen as a resource to the team and may mentor less experienced team members within their area of technical responsibility.
• Contract Knowledge: Demonstrates basic understanding of business contract to support and meet contractual metrics and obligations in area of responsibility.
• Mentor less-experienced team members on specific areas within their technical authority.
• Capacity and Performance
Analyzes service performance data involving response time, throughput, and utilization across all customers for standard services to detect trends and to generate forecasts of capacity growth.
• Business Continuity - Responsible for executing recovery actions.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities