Procter & Gamble Information Technology - Senior Network Engineer(WAN) - Philippines in Philippines
Procter & Gamble is seeking a Senior Network Engineer experienced in Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies within an enterprise environment. This individual must work well under pressure and have prior experience designing, implementing, managing and troubleshooting enterprise WAN networks. The ideal candidate will have solid experience working with large enterprise deployments of advanced wireless infrastructure, routers, and switches. This is a full time position based in Manila, The Philippines.
Responsibilities Lead technical projects and take ownership of the WAN network. This includes working alongside architects and other engineers globally to define a WAN strategy and design a WAN that aligns with company vision and growth plus leading technical projects to implement the designed solution.
Analyze, design, test, install, document, implement and support the global WAN networks.
Considers and recommends new technology needs and solutions for anticipated needs of business.
Develop technical solutions documents as well as documents that describe a solution to business people.
Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
Prepare and maintain up to date documentation detailing the configuration of deployed solutions.
Define and create SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
Leads problem resolution activities and root cause reviews and analysis.
Develops high-level project timelines and do resource estimates.
Develops product life cycle management including software and hardware refresh schedules for the WAN technology tower.
Consistently delivers on assignments.
Provide 3rd level support for the WAN networks.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent in IT with a certification, such as CCNP Routing & Switching, CCDP or preferably CCIE Routing & Switching.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum 10 years’ experience in wireless, routing and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN technologies.
- Comprehensive hands on experience with Cisco routers, Cisco Catalyst switches (37xx, 38xx, 4500, 6500, and 6800 series) and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
- Proficiency and comprehensive hands-on experience with routing protocols like EIGRP, BGP and OSPF.
- Strong knowledge in WAN technologies like e.g. MPLS, VPLS, direct Ethernet, DSL, and TDM and experience with implementing resiliency/physical diversity options for critical sites.
- Proficiency working with access control list (ACLs), TCP/IP (v4 but ideally also v6), VLANs, and Quality of service (QoS).
- Strong working knowledge of routing protocols, DMVPN, SD-WAN, segmentation, WAN acceleration, security and link encryption.
- Proficiency with ITIL processes and tools with ITIL foundation or preferably practitioner certification.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with fellow engineers through mutually deep technical skill sets.
- Communicate with managers throughout IT Infrastructure. Ability to make presentations to managers and/or other engineers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to take complex tasks or problems and break it into smaller more manageable pieces. Works with vendors to resolve issues. Feels comfortable working with customers and gathering requirements.
- Strong cross team relationships and has relationships in other domains. Strong collaboration skills. - Strong communication skills in English (written and spoken).
Job: Information Technology
Title: Information Technology - Senior Network Engineer(WAN) - Philippines
Requisition ID: IT 00000998