Cargill Production Operator in Canlubang, Philippines
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
The Production operator is a person trained in maintaining, controlling, and operating machines and equipment that are used in the manufacturing carrageenan product.
This role entails operating high speed sophisticated machines by managing settings and conducting tests to ensure a successful operation in the production process. It also include selecting specific raw materials for production and ensuring a good combination of these materials so that they complement each other.
As part of maintenance measures, they inspect equipment in use through troubleshooting, checking for any problems and fixing them immediately if any, in order to prevent breakdown in the course of work.
The position judiciously monitors all activities going on at the work site, records them for accuracy, clarification, and verification, and reports to the Production supervisor or to the lead operator.
Even while the machine is in operation, the Production operator monitors it closely to detect any signs of malfunctioning that may affect the quality of work and tackles it immediately to avoid it getting worse.As one responsible for production, Production Operators ensure that all production materials are never in shortage.They place order for more materials even while little is remaining.Machine operators also inspect all finished goods, checking for maintenance in production quality and standards.
Safety, Health and Environment
1. Impose safety on self and in the work area at all times.
2. Initiate safety audit in the work area and surrounding equipment.
3. Participate in all safety related programs of the plant.
4. Perform any Production related task with NO health issues as assigned by the Production Supervisor like but not limited to lifting up to 50lbs of weight.
5. Identify and report safety and health hazard anywhere in the plant.
1. Maintains GMP and housekeeping of the assigned area at acceptable level of standard.
2. Strictly comply with the food safety standard impose by the plant.
3. Strictly comply with the regular inspection routine imposed by SOP on CCP.
4. Conducts regular Quality test on product as per SOP.
5. Ensures high level of hygiene and sanitation during the packaging process of the product.
6. Analyze quality cause of quality deviation and recommend solution.
1. Operate all the machines at the right efficiency and standard throughput to maintain low cost of production.
2. Participate in the cost reduction activities of the plant.
3. Monitor usage of each direct materials usage in production, and makes sure that it complies with standards.
4. Identify area where waste are generated whether on time, method, process, cost, quality, and recommend solution.
Efficiency, Reliability and Continuous Improvement
1. Records downtime and efficiency monitoring.
2. Participate in the root cause analysis session on operational, mechanical and electrical downtime.
3. Troubleshoots operational downtime and assist engineering technicians in the troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical downtime.
4. Initiate continuous improvement projects and kaizens within the area of responsibility.
5. Conducts operational and mechanical maintenance as directed by the Supervisor.
6. Participate in the REPE programs of the plant.
1. Ensures the needed materials are requested and delivered on production floor on time.
2. Dumping of materials and ingredients in accordance to the SOP.
3. Conducts operational checks on all production machines to ensure product compliance on FSSC and machine reliability.
4. Monitors the hourly efficiency and output and ensures compliance to standard rate.
5. Packs product from process and dry blending line in accordance to the FSSC and HACCP standards and protocol.
6. Delivers finished goods into the warehouse
7. Records and document operational information on all checksheets and monitoring SOPs connected to the production of the finishedgoods.
1. Initiate career development plan discussion with direct manager.
2. Monitor compliance to agreed development with direct manager.
3. Align behavior according to Cargill values and principles.
Project work or items outside of the normal sphere of influence as specified from time to time by management.
The Key Tasks detailed within this Position Description summary are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of the duties that the job holder may be required to undertake. PBI reserves the right to require the job holder to perform any other task which Management may reasonably deem necessary.
In common with all other personnel within PBI, the Job Holder is required to adhere to the Company’s policies on Safety, Hygiene and good housekeeping. Specifically:
To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself/herself and that of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions;
To co-operate regarding any duty or requirement imposed on the company, or on any individual by or under any of the relevant statutory provisions, so far as is necessary, to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with;
To report to his/her immediate manager any hazard which may be discovered at, or in the vicinity of, the place of work.
At least a graduate of a 6 months to 2 year technical course, preferably related to electronics or mechanical.
Experience is not a must.
Preferably fresh graduate.
MUST be knowledgeable with Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
Good communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and direct manager.
Must know how to read simple engineering diagrams both mechanical and electrical.
MUST be able to do simple reporting and presentation.
MUST know how to do the following at high level of accuracy:
o Proper welding
o Simple Machining
o Assemble and dis-assemble of pumps and motors
o Electrical installation on motors
Good reading and comprehension skills on English;
Strong leadership background;
MUST have no health issues to move and lift up to 50 pounds of weight
MUST have NO history of any contagious disease that can be transmitted to food product or restrict work assignments.
Primary Location Philippines-40-Canlubang
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: CAN00577