NCR Media Handling - Mechanical Engineering Team Leader in Cebu City, Philippines
TITLE : Media Handling - Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
LOCATION: CEBU, Philippines
About NCR Corporation NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR ( www.ncr.com ) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
These positions are to work as part of a team in NCR CEBU supporting Design teams in Dundee and other facilities and suppliers in the design, evaluation, test and support of devices used in self-service products such as ATMs (Auto-Teller Machines for the Banking Industry). A key requirement is to have a keen interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems operating under S/W control.
- Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
- Work on mechanical development activities, provide estimates, manufacturing options etc.
- An interest in the design of mechanisms.
- Working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
- Deliver cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
- Supplier engagement and change management
- Design validation via design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction CLCA
- Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
A proven track record in the role of a team leader. Have the ability to make quick decisions and provide clear direction and support to the team.
A Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons 2:1 or better preferred).
Strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
· At least 2-6 years of work experience in related position (Media handling design)
Technology knowledge in the areas of: o Solids modelling using 3D CAD systems (Creo preferred) o Advanced level understanding of plastic moulding and typical media handling components as well as a good understanding of tooling and parts manufacture. o Design autonomous, fault tolerant systems operating subject to variability within climatic conditions. In our systems environment we also have to adapt to highly variable mechanical properties of media being transported within our systems. o Simulation/FEA o Design of Experiments, FMEA.
- Clearly understand documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment
- Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
- A good understanding of mechanical drive systems
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
Work with Suppliers throughout project lifecycle
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment .
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Title: Media Handling - Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
Location: Philippines-Cebu City
Requisition ID: 0065909_P0224333