Continental Corporation Credit and Collection Associate in Manila, Philippines
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Auto req ID 84754BR
Job Title Credit and Collection Associate
Posting Location Manila, GBS
• Perform all activities of gathering documentation and data related to credit reports, payment history, financial statements, profit margin, and other pertinent information in order to assess both new and existing customers’ financial health and risk.
• Fully complete the required rating matrix using the previously obtained information and make a risk rating recommendation.
• Forward the documentation, rating matrix, and recommendation to the local credit manager’s for review and final decision.
• Preparation of Trade Reference request from customer
• Checking of Active and Inactive accounts
Reporting – Credit
• Preparation of updates on Credit Reviews
• Upload of credit reviews to AR shared drive
• Monthly Summary of Existing Accounts for Review
• Sending summary for reviews to counterpart and D&B report for request via email
• Monthly summary of finished reviews (existing, adhoc and new accounts)
• Contact assigned customers regarding past dues via generic email and record all activities in SAP notes.
• Run YDUE and review of aging to choose accounts to follow up
• Checking and Responding to emails of customers in relation to the follow ups made
• Checking General Ledger for Payment that came in then update worksheet
• Checking and responding to emails from Customer Service whenever there is an order on hold
• Reconciliation of accounts and sending this customers if needed
• Checking reason accounts are blocked
• Sending of Statements to Customers(SLO) & Pre-collection for AU ,ZA and upon request for NAR
• Sending of Invoices/PODs/Credit Memos as per request of customers
• Return problematic accounts to local collections representatives with an explanation of the reason for the return
• Understand customer profiles and their related sensitivities
• Forwarding issues/concerns of customers to local office (collections, sales, customer service)
• Issue requests for refunds of cash on account or credit memos as needed Deduction Management
• Review accounts receivable aging schedule for delinquencies
Reporting – Collection
• Prepare Monthly Collections Performance Analysis and Deck for the Team Meeting Presentation
• Preparation of Weekly Report for collection update to local offices (tops an
• Preparation of Top Past Due And AOC (Accounts of Concern) accounts report
• Attend and present monthly departmental meeting
• Preparation of Monthly Credit Analysis Presentation for Departmental Meeting Attend account portfolio review with Team lead
• Attend monthly performance feedback with Team Lead
• Attend monthly Top 5 Past due and AOC meeting with the Stakeholders (EURASIA only)
• Participate in special projects
• Participate in professional development activities
• Document procedures and process changes. Maintain process documentation.
Credit Management Data Update
• Update the SAP Customer Master database with the local credit manager’s final decision (Updates account on FD32 screen (Credit Limit amount, Risk Category, Last and Next Review)
Training and Process Improvement
• Conduct and facilitate Credit and Collections Training to new associates
• Understanding of commercial processes, Functional knowledge of the accounts receivable and collections processes
• Results driven with a dynamic personality and ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to navigate and perform research on the internet and adaptable to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks
• Strong math skills
• Advanced Excel skills and data mining capabilities and ability to use Microsoft Products.
• Solid understanding of financial statements and analysis
• Ability to handle stressful situations and meet strict deadlines
• Highly organized with strong follow-up, documentation, and multitasking skills
• Good analytical and interpersonal skills, excellent problem solving and customer service skills
• Excellent customer communication skills both written and oral with high proficiency in speaking and writing the local business language
• High-level ability to influence and negotiate
• Bachelor degree with a major in finance, business, accounting, or economics or its equivalent
• 3++ years of successful experience in commercial collections and credit analysis
• Experience in the other invoice to cash processes desirable
• At least one year experience in BPO or shared services, preferably North America, Europe, Australia and South Africa but not required.
Most Important Required Capabilities (Big Six)
Vision – Innovation
Entrepreneurship – Customer Orientation
Entrepreneurship – Quality Orientation
Execution – Problem Solving
Execution – Delivering Results
Execution – Assertiveness
Learning – Handling Feedback
What we offer
Allowances: Transportation, meal, telecom and deminimis
Reimbursements: medical/optical and critical transportation
Health: HMO, Group Life Insurance and Investment fund
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.