Cargill Territory Business Associate in Northern Mindanao (Region X), Philippines
Territory Business Associate
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Achieve sales operating plan objectives in assigned areas by prospecting for new accounts, developing and maintaining customer relationships, identifying customer requirements for feeds and farm management, and provide products, programs and services that delivers the highest profit to customers.
1. Complete Distribution
a. Open new accounts
- Accomplishes the Dealership Application Form for new customers;
- Ensure proper account set-up by coordinating with FSD;
- Discuss and orient new accounts on the Four Dealer functions;
- Document new Dealership Agreement
- Orientation on Company Policies and Procedures
b. Customer Prospecting Calls
- Identify key decision makers thru industry contacts / connections
- Do customer prospect profiling
- Document and regularly update POS and feeder database information
- Distributes business cards, sales brochures and promotional information to customer locations to establish contact with potential customers.
c. Develop Sales Proposal
- Discusses customer requirements with RBM and other salesmen to obtain information and develop a strategy for meeting customer requirements.
d. Product availability
- Ensure that the product is available and accessible from the dealer
2. Territory Management
a. Competitive Information Management
- Obtain information about competitors’ products and integrates this information into DEMAND CREATION ACTIVITIES;
- Provide latest competitors pricing and promotional activities to the marketing group
- Collection of competitor feed samples for analysis by R&T;
- Collection of competitors Proof
- Analyze Profit Value Chain and Distribution Set-up of competitors
- Gathers Competitors Customer Profile (Territory Audit)
- Submits regular reports on market trends, industry situations and competitor activities.
- Gathers and submits files of competitor products for market intelligence purposes.
b. Quality Improvement Activities
- Attends planning and review meetings and territory reviews to help forecast sales and develop strategies for closing sales cycles.
- Attends team meetings and participates in developing creative solutions to existing problems.
- Writes and delivers presentations in order to share information with other Salesmen and Managers.
- Plans, organizes and prioritizes the following activities on a regular basis:
o Dealers/Farms: Farm prospecting calls, Farm appointments, Farm follow-up calls, Farm training and to their personel;
o Feeders: Feeder Group Meetings (FGM), Proof and Testimonial collection, Round table discussion (RTD)other demand creation activities.
c. Animal Production Coordinator (APC) Management
- Align roles of APC on the Dealer Business plan agreed by dealer and Purina® rep.
- Identify APC skills and competency requirements to deliver roles defined in DBP and do quarterly oos training.
3. Dealer Development
a. Inventory Management
- Ensures that there are no out-of-stock from the farms.
- Assist and Communicates order information to Customer Services Department (CSD) representatives, billing representatives and FSD representatives to ensure timely processing of customer order for product.
- Obtain additional information from customers to clarify any problems with product orders.
- Discusses possible dates for product delivery with CSD and confirms delivery date with customers.
b. Accounts Receivables Management
- Accomplishes the Credit Application Form for new customers;
- Ensure the smooth and timely release of payments in cash or cheques, as per agreement with the customer by getting feedback from FSD, Finance and Customer.
- Coordinates with the Financial Services Department on a regular basis to ensure that all accounts are cleaned up. This includes all accounts left by departing Salesmen in the same assigned territory as well as all other accounts that will be assigned by the Regional Business Manager.
c. Dealer Business Plan Review
- Ensures that current agreements with existing dealers are updated on annual and monthly basis. On a quarterly basis , if Dealer is under budget, recommend action plan to ensure that budget in the agreement is met.
d. Customer Call Follow-ups
- Seek information to answer customers’ questions from various resources (e.g. written documentation, BDD, SMT Director, SMT personnel, RBM and other salesmen).
- Returns customer telephone calls to answer and provide information.
- Writes follow-up thank you letters to customers (Dealers/Farms) summarizing the key points of customer calls.
4. Consumer Selling & Key Feeder Development
a. Conduct value-creation activities
- Schedules appointment with feeders to do product presentations, if possible, with store staff/personnel, clientele of distributor/dealers.
- Tailors demonstration to meet identified customer requirements.
- Practices presentation to ensure that all possible objections are answered.
- Performs product presentation for customer by presenting product information, answering customer questions and probing the customer for additional requirements.
- Organizes product and/or technical seminar for product promotion purposes by issuing invitations, organizing appropriate venue and establishing preparation for the seminars.
b. Trial and POP Generation
- Follow-thru feeders on their farm by gathering farm information like records, farm management. Highlight BMPs and identify opportunities (pains) where we can provide solutions.
- Do farm audit and/or EAS.
- Design value-based proposal and present to feeder / farm owner.
- Conduct trials and do regular monitoring and weighing as necessary.
- Gather POP and present result to feeder / farm owner.
- Highlight improvements accomplished thru our offering by emphasizing on additional profit generated by the farm.
- Regularly visit customer for repeat orders and continuous use of our product and programs.
c. Develop key feeders thru SixStep approach.
5. Administrative Duties
- Submits weekly reports on plan for the week, VCA and planned results, and results of previous week’s plan, detailing the reason for the achieved result
- Timely submission of Expense Reports, Cash Advance Liquidation etc.;
- Proper maintenance and upkeep of assigned company car and equipments (phone, etc.)
- Safeguard and update documents issued by the company such as Control Book, Green Book, POP book, Dealer Business Plans, Price List, Customer Profile, and others.
BS Agriculture major in Animal Science/Nutrition or Business and Marketing related courses.
BS Fisheries major in Aquaculture
BS Marketing or Business Ad
At least two years selling experience and in-farm experiences
Basic accounting and/or financial management
Primary Location Philippines-Northern Mindanao (Region X)
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: NOR00356